Eve Kelly 6 p.m., Sept. 28
- Community Blog
- Styleline Deluxe
It's been a long time since I posted... frankly it's because my '52 has been stuck in the garage. A good friend of mine has been helping me re-wire the car, but he got a job with a trucking company doing long haul work. I think that he is somewhere in deepest, darkest Wisconsin pulling a truckload of Frosted Flakes right now.
The story of my '59 Apache Pickup has been touched on, it's my daily driver... Well it was until the bottom of the engine seized up. It's currently in the shop for an engine re-build.
The one thing I have had some fire in me to work on is my art. I humbly offer for your viewing pleasure some current work:
- Pegan Dagmars. Photograph taken at the 2010 Santa Maria Cruising Nationals.
- Upward Eye. Pencils on bristol board.
- Calavera con Rosas. 1 Shot letting enamel on a Dodge 225 Slant 6 timing cover.
- Stoic Tiki. Hand carved balsa. I still have not decided what color to stain this little guy.
- Santa Sardine de Milo. Pencils and ink on really crappy paper. Wish I'd have used bristol for this one.
- Outlaw. Photograph of Ed Roth's Outlaw showcar taken at the Petersen Automotive Museum.
- 1929 Model A Roadster Pickup. Photograph taken at Ft. Teton National Park. It was on a trailer in the parking lot.
There you have it... a quick sample of my latest work. All of the photographs were taken using a Canon A1 SLR that was built in the late '70s. I use a 50mm fixed depth lense (no zoom) and 400 speed film. I really like the grain that the 400 gives the photos in bright sunlight.
thanks for looking! - Joe
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz III: The Heretic — Nov. 14, 2011
- Additional Art... new photographs. — Nov. 26, 2010
- Downtown in A Blink — Sept. 6, 2010