Suzanne Ledeboer 12:30 p.m., Dec. 1
Trip to Mexico's Napa Valley with Turista Libre
“A mere 80 miles or so from San Diego lies the Valle de Guadalupe wine country, a cluster of some 60 vineyards scattered between the hills between Ensenada and Tecate,” writes Turista Libre rad tours guide Derrik Chinn.
“Often referred to as the Napa of Mexico, it's increasingly perking the curiosity of enophiles from near and far.”
Tickets ($100) include transportation from the border about 90 minutes to Guadalupe Valley, roadside tamales, flights at three of the region’s “less commercial wineries,” and dinner at Ochentos – “a gourmet pizzeria with an expansive terrace and an even more expansive view at sunset."
Due to limited space, Turista Libre will be taking two trips on Saturday, December 1 and Saturday, December 8.
Both dates depart from the border at 10 a.m. and return around 7 p.m.
Space is limited to 15 turistas, so reserve a spot ASAP.
Contact Derrik Chinn at email@example.com with questions.
Read about graveyard trek with Turista Libre here.
More like this:
- A taste of Tijuana: Javier Plascencia progressive meal — July 23, 2013
- Mexican Wrestling in Tijuana with Turista Libre — Jan. 24, 2013
- Guadalupe Valley Winery Hop with Turista Libre — June 13, 2012
- Los Master Plus Concert with Turista Libre — Aug. 9, 2011
- Mexican Wrestling in Tijuana with Turista Libre — July 24, 2011