Don Bauder 6:30 p.m., Aug. 21
Bike to the Baja Beer Fest in Tijuana
Craft beer and bike rides. They go together like bath salts and cannibalism, and this weekend you’ll have a chance to take the frenzy south of the border (the beer and bikes, that is) with Turista Libre rad Tijuana tours.
Meet at Bottlecraft (2161 India St. Little Italy) at 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 14 and ride to the College trolley stop, train to the border, and continue by bike to the lively Avenida Revolucion, where over 50 craft brewers from Tijuana, Ensenada, and Mexicali will be slinging suds at the annual Baja Beer Fest.
The festival ends at midnight and riders are free to cross north at their leisure (the last trolley from San Ysidro departs at 1 a.m.) or find accommodation off Revolucion.
Join Turista Libre for a lucha libre wrestling match on Friday night ($35) and get into the beer fest free (else $5).
For more information, visit turistalibre.com.
More like this:
- A taste of Tijuana: Javier Plascencia progressive meal — July 23, 2013
- Mexican Wrestling in Tijuana with Turista Libre — Jan. 24, 2013
- All My Friends Festival at the Millionaire's Mansion — Sept. 16, 2011
- Los Master Plus Concert with Turista Libre — Aug. 9, 2011
- Mexican Wrestling in Tijuana with Turista Libre — July 24, 2011