Ian Anderson noon, April 29
A taste of Tijuana: Javier Plascencia progressive meal
Join Turista Libre on a tour of some of Tijuana's most renowned restaus
Chef Javier Plascencia has become synonymous with new Tijuana cuisine by way of landmark restaus such as the rebirthed Hotel Caesar’s (the OG home of the Cesar salad) and Baja-Med nexus Mision 19.
On Saturday, August 3, alternative tour guides Turista Libre celebrate Plascencia’s contributions to the Mexican palette with an “edible ode to his alta-cocina delights.”
“On the itinerary are stops at four of Plascencia's famed media-darling establishments: Erizo Cebicheria in the foothills of posh Chapultepec, the historic Hotel Caesar's in downtown Tijuana, Mision 19 in the first LEED-certified building in northern Mexico and neighboring Bar 20, plus a special guest-appearance by Plascencia himself,” writes your guide, Derrik Chinn.
Tickets ($100) include roundtrip border transportation, food and wine/beer pairings at each restaurant, and an after-dinner cocktail at Bar 20.
More like this:
- Taste Baja! in Hillcrest — July 25, 2013
- 7th annual Caesar Salad Festival in Tijuana — June 20, 2013
- Tijuana taco tour with Turista Libre — April 10, 2013
- Missionary Revives Caesar, His Salad...And Now His City? — Feb. 24, 2012
- Los Master Plus Concert with Turista Libre — Aug. 9, 2011