Garrett Harris 8 p.m., Sept. 15
Mexican Wrestling in Tijuana with Turista Libre
“To introduce them the side of the city their local counterparts live on a daily basis. To live for a day as a local in a city that was built for tourists.”
Past excursions have included a craft beer tour, the waterpark, a street art bike tour, the circus, and a roller skating party.
The next outing, a Lucha Libre fight this Friday, January 25, features “masked Mexican wrestlers throwing down body slams, somersaults, backflips and trash talk en español” battling for the best two out of three matches.
Chinn writes: “…the camp, action, drama, color, acrobatics and sporadic pyrotechnics make it nothing short of a living, breathing comic book.
Spill beer with TJ locals cheering on this "Legends Poker" match featuring Moritz vs. Arandu, Rayo vs. Cien Caras, and El Santo vs. Dr. Wagner.
$40 tickets include transport from the border to Tijuana’s Auditorio Municipal on Turista Libre’s fun bus, gelatinous party beverages, and souvenirs.
More like this:
- A taste of Tijuana: Javier Plascencia progressive meal — July 23, 2013
- Trip to Mexico's Napa Valley with Turista Libre — Nov. 9, 2012
- Bike to the Baja Beer Fest in Tijuana — July 12, 2012
- Los Master Plus Concert with Turista Libre — Aug. 9, 2011
- Mexican Wrestling in Tijuana with Turista Libre — July 24, 2011