Walter Mencken 9:23 a.m., Oct. 10
Street Style, Carlsbad: The off-duty Santa
What Santa Claus wears in her free time
On most December days, 21-year-old Julia Bowen is LEGOLAND’s Santa Claus. She wears a heavy costume that covers her body and face. When I spotted her on a Saturday afternoon, she had the day off. Oddly she chose to spend it at LEGOLAND.
Julia purchases most her clothing from thrift stores and vintage shops. Her peplum dress is from Pink Zone.
Bowen is a big fan of make-up and accessories.
Her biggest fashion pet-peeve is guys in sandals. "I know this is Southern California but still, I don't want to see their toes."
More like this:
- Street Style, Fashion Valley: It's all about the details — Dec. 31, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game IV: Catch it! — Dec. 27, 2012
- Street Style, worst trends of 2012: mom jeans and mullet dresses — Dec. 25, 2012
- Mission Valley mall rats: don't dress like Bill Cosby — Nov. 20, 2012
- Street Style: SDSU Students — Sept. 5, 2012