Dave Rice 9:30 a.m., April 24
Former school board member Mitz Lee officially announces run for District 6 council seat
Campaign papers were filed with the City Clerk's Office on June 5
Mitz Lee doesn't just intend on running for the District 6 city council seat, she is running for the District 6 council seat.
Today, Lee, a former San Diego Unified School Board Member, filed a Statement of Organization with the City Clerk's Office.
Back in April, The Reader's Matt Potter reported that Lee had filed papers indicating her intention to run. That changed today with the formation of the political committee "Mitz Lee for City Council 2014."
Lee has hit the campaign trail running. A website is already up as is a donations page as well.
Lee already has a few opponents too. Downtown lobbyist and Vice President of the San Diego County Taxpayer's Association Chris Cate officially announced his run for the 6th District earlier this week.
Veterans advocate Don Azul has hinted at his intention to run however has yet to officially file with the clerk's office.
The candidates will vie for the seat left open by current District 6 councilmember Lorie Zapf who is forced to switch districts due to redistricting. Zapf officially kicked off her campaign for 2nd District, currently occupied by lame-duck representative Kevin Faulconer, on May 14.
More like this:
- Attorney and founding member of Run Women Run, Sarah Boot, announces run for District 2 council seat — Aug. 22, 2013
- Spokesperson for San Diego's Lifeguard Union files run for District 2 council seat — July 8, 2013
- Another candidate enters the fray in the race for the District 6 council seat — June 11, 2013
- Councilmember Lorie Zapf announces run for District 2 seat — May 14, 2013
- Downtown lobbyist from Carlsbad seeking San Diego city council seat — April 12, 2013