Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., July 27
Councilmember Lorie Zapf announces run for District 2 seat
Zapf will be running for her second-first term as District 2 representative.
It's official, first term councilmember Lorie Zapf is running for council in 2014. On May 8, Zapf filed papers with the City Clerk's office to set up the Lorie Zapf for City Council 2014 campaign committee.
This time, however, Zapf will have a new district to call home. The District 6 representative and Bay Ho resident will be running for the seat currently held by her conservative colleague and District 2 councilmember, Kevin Faulconer, who is serving his final term.
Zapf's decision to swap district's is due to newly drawn district boundaries approved by the redistricting commission back in 2011.
As for Zapf's opponents, well, no other candidate has filed papers with the City Clerk but rumors continue to swirl that lifeguard (not the actor) Ed Harris and eco-attorney Bryan Pease may be joining the fight against the current District 6 representative.
More like this:
- Libertarian Mark Schwartz joins District 2 council race — Dec. 3, 2013
- Attorney and founding member of Run Women Run, Sarah Boot, announces run for District 2 council seat — Aug. 22, 2013
- Spokesperson for San Diego's Lifeguard Union files run for District 2 council seat — July 8, 2013
- Another candidate enters the fray in the race for the District 6 council seat — June 11, 2013
- Former school board member Mitz Lee officially announces run for District 6 council seat — June 5, 2013