Kimberly Blough 6:28 p.m., March 9
Medical marijuana stolen in Imperial Beach
Two couriers robbed at gunpoint
Sheriff’s deputies in Imperial Beach are looking for a pair of armed robbers, shortly after apprehending one suspected of multiple robbery attempts in a single day.
Late Monday afternoon, deputies responded to an armed robbery call on the 300 block of Caspian Way. Upon arrival, they took a report from two victims working for a medical marijuana cooperative that were attempting to make a delivery in the area. Instead, they were met by two men who brandished a semi-automatic pistol and made off with a half pound of the collective’s cannabis.
The two suspects are described as black males, one about 5’10” tall and 150 pounds, who identified himself to the victims as “Aaron” and wore a thin moustache and goatee, and another roughly 6’1” and 220 pounds. No arrests in the case have been made.
Deputies did, however, make an arrest in a separate case reported yesterday in the Reader concerning a man described by one of his victims as looking “high as a kite.” Law enforcement officials now believe that in addition to robbing the Imperial Beach Pharmacy, the man had earlier attempted to rob the J&T Nails store a few blocks away but left upon learning the store did not maintain a cash register.
More like this:
- Brothers arrested for beating of cab driver in Encinitas — May 13, 2013
- Suspects arrested in string of East County 7-Eleven robberies — Feb. 21, 2013
- Man robs Imperial Beach Pharmacy at gunpoint — Jan. 22, 2013
- Marijuana, cash, gun recovered after reported robbery — Jan. 21, 2013
- Shooting Call Leads Cops to Pot-Growing Operation — Dec. 15, 2011