Walter Mencken 11 a.m., Nov. 27
Five arrested following San Marcos house party armed robberies
A group of five men between the ages of 18 and 22 were arrested early Saturday morning on multiple charges of armed robbery after they robbed several victims at gunpoint outside a house party on the 500 block of Honeyglen Drive in San Marcos.
Sam Niu, Gregg Leauanae, Johnnie Edwards, Judd Liulamaga and Mautofu Maiava were found in a vehicle matching the description of the suspects from the party about 6 miles away on the 900 block of Postal Way in Vista.
Property from the robberies, as well as the gun used in the crimes, was found in the suspects’ car. A curbside lineup resulted in all of the suspects being positively identified by their victims.
The five were booked into the Vista jail on charges of robbery, conspiracy, receiving stolen property, using a firearm to commit a felony, and an additional charge for gang-related felony. Maiava faces additional charges of carrying ammunition and a loaded firearm as a convicted felon, violation of probation, and providing a false identity to an officer.
More like this:
- Thugs shot by would-be victim make plea deals — Feb. 4, 2014
- Suspected El Cajon bank robber captured in Chula Vista — July 17, 2013
- Intoxicated bank robber caught in Vista — Feb. 18, 2013
- Marijuana, cash, gun recovered after reported robbery — Jan. 21, 2013
- Crime Data: Escondido PD, May 2011 — June 8, 2011