Don Bauder 3:30 p.m., Sept. 2
Intoxicated bank robber caught in Vista
Sheriff’s deputies over the weekend arrested 27 year-old Kevin Krutz on charges of being under the influence of a controlled substance, then later fingered him as the suspect in the robbery of a Chase Bank branch earlier in the day.
During the robbery, a suspect had produced a ransom note claiming he had a gun, though no witnesses were able to verify sighting a firearm.
Shortly before 6 p.m. on Friday, February 15, deputies responded to a bank robbery call at a Chase Bank branch on the 1600 block of Melrose Drive in Vista. FBI agents working in cooperation with deputies were unable to locate a suspect at the time, and had only the description of “a white male, about 25 years of age, with facial hair,” to work from.
A short time later, authorities contacted Krutz near Pala Vista and S. Santa Fe Drive. After the initial intoxication arrest, Krutz was found to be in possession of a large quantity of cash and confessed to the robbery.
More like this:
- Sheriff's deputies fatally shoot San Marcos man — Aug. 27, 2013
- Car thief briefly eludes authorities — Aug. 13, 2013
- Robbery suspect found hiding in bushes outside Sheriff station — May 22, 2013
- Facebook credited with assist in catching ATM bandit in East County — Jan. 24, 2013
- Marijuana, cash, gun recovered after reported robbery — Jan. 21, 2013