Cecelia Di Mino 8:38 p.m., March 31
Marijuana, cash, gun recovered after reported robbery
Sheriff's deputies in Fallbrook last week were called out in response to a report of an armed robbery in Valley Center. On arrival, they met with the victim, who claimed he had been robbed of a large amount of cash at gunpoint by two acquaintances. He was only able, however, to provide deputies with the first names of the suspects, leaving law enforcement with little information to investigate.
Later in the day, the suspect was able to provide deputies with more information to identify the suspects. Following a lead to the 400 block of Twin Palm Circle in Fallbrook, deputies were conducting surveillance when a car sped off from the property, leading to a brief pursuit and the arrest of two suspects. Others fled the building on foot. A Sheriff's helicopter and canine units were brought in, and two more suspects were arrested in the surrounding area.
Inside the residence, deputies recovered a significant portion of the stolen cash, as well as a handgun and an unspecified quantity of marijuana. All four suspects were booked into jail on charges of armed robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery.
More like this:
- Sheriff's Department busts two rural marijuana grows — Feb. 25, 2013
- Six arrested in Fallbrook's Operation Guacamole — Feb. 1, 2013
- Facebook credited with assist in catching ATM bandit in East County — Jan. 24, 2013
- Medical marijuana stolen in Imperial Beach — Jan. 23, 2013
- Suspects Street-Cornered — March 18, 2010