Dave Rice 12:30 p.m., Dec. 6
El Cajon Police announced the arrest of 35 year-old Lemon Grove resident Richard Bareano this afternoon (July 17), after several tips linked him to a California Coast Credit Union robbery on July 9.
Last Tuesday, a suspect entered the credit union branch around 5 p.m. and fired a single shot from his handgun before jumping onto the bank counter and grabbing an undisclosed amount of cash.
Bank surveillance photos identified Bareano by “a distinctive tattoo” on his right cheek. When he was found in Chula Vista, Bareano was found to be in possession of a loaded firearm, clothing similar to that worn during the robbery, and a stash of narcotics.
He was booked into county jail on charges of armed robbery, possession of a controlled substance, and being a felon in possession of a firearm.
More like this:
- Robbery suspect found hiding in bushes outside Sheriff station — May 22, 2013
- Five arrested following San Marcos house party armed robberies — April 8, 2013
- Intoxicated bank robber caught in Vista — Feb. 18, 2013
- Facebook credited with assist in catching ATM bandit in East County — Jan. 24, 2013
- Another Failed Robbery Attempt — June 24, 2011