Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
Tijuana narco-tunnel discovered
Another sophisticated passage found, built by drug traffickers
Another narco-tunnel was discovered in Tijuana, that crossed into the United States but did not have an exit built yet, which spanned 370 meters in length. The tunnel was discovered Monday evening, February 4th. The tunnel was found after an Army operation detained suspects outside of a property, eventually leading to the discovery of the passage way. A total of 17 suspects were detained. Most of those arrested were working on constructing the tunnel.
Lighting, ventilation, and a hydraulic system were already in place for the tunnel, according to the attorney general’s office. 15 kilos of marijuana was also discovered on the property.
The tunnel was discovered in the Otay area, a popular zone for such passages to be built underneath the warehouse districts.
More like this:
- 51 narco-tunnels destroyed during last 6 years in Baja California and Sonora — Jan. 7, 2013
- New narco-tunnel discovered in Mexicali — Jan. 5, 2013
- Sinaloa Cartel Weapon Stash Seized — Aug. 12, 2012
- 55 International Fugitives Captured in Baja During First Half of 2012 — July 23, 2012
- Tijuana Narco-Tunnels Belonged to El Chapo — July 19, 2012