Various Authors 9:01 p.m., July 27
New narco-tunnel discovered in Mexicali
Sophisticated smuggling tunnel uncovered along border
Another narco-tunnel, which are used to smuggle narcotics and humans from Mexico to the United States, was uncovered in Mexicali on Saturday, January 5th. According to the Mexicali police chief, Marco Antonio, the tunnel is 10 meters deep and 30 meters long. It was located in a warehouse about 300 meters from the U.S. border, in the capital city of Baja California.
One man was arrested at the scene, which was unveiled after an anonymous tip. The tunnel featured cement walls, ventilation, and lighting.
More like this:
- Tijuana narco-tunnel discovered — Feb. 5, 2013
- El Chapo charged fees to move drugs through Tijuana tunnels — Oct. 5, 2012
- Trapped Migrants Rescued from Sewer — Aug. 16, 2012
- 55 International Fugitives Captured in Baja During First Half of 2012 — July 23, 2012
- Tijuana Narco-Tunnels Belonged to El Chapo — July 19, 2012