Julie Stalmer 10:30 a.m., Oct. 22
Mexican authorities on alert for James DiMaggio, homicide and kidnapping suspect
Suspect alleged to have taken two children after killing two and burning home
Authorities in Mexico have been put on alert after a wanted San Diego County man may have fled across the border with two children. The suspect, 40 year old James Lee DiMaggio, is suspected of killing two victims and kidnapping the two children. The incident took place in the southeast San Diego County community of Boulevard, on Sunday August 4.
Authorities arrived at the residence to find it in flames. A woman was found dead in the home and a child was found dead in the garage. The woman was identified as 44 year old Christina Anderson. The child’s identity has yet to be released but is believed to be a young boy.
The two victims taken from the home are the children of Christina Anderson. Authorities believe DiMaggio may be traveling with 16 year old Hannah Anderson and 8 year old Ethan Anderson in a blue Nissan Versa.
Boulevard lies within a few miles of the Mexico border, but the nearest official crossing is into Tecate, Baja California, 29 miles to the southwest. The border crossing into Mexicali is 56 miles to the southeast.
More like this:
- Boulevard murder/arson/kidnapping suspect's car found in Idaho — Aug. 9, 2013
- Mexican authorities as far as Sinaloa and Cabo San Lucas asked to look for James DiMaggio and Hannah Anderson — Aug. 8, 2013
- Photos, information released on arson/murder/kidnapping suspect and victims — Aug. 6, 2013
- Amber alert issued for Boulevard man suspected of murder, arson, kidnapping — Aug. 5, 2013
- Authorities ask Baja citizens to be on look for alleged L.A. child rapist — April 4, 2013