Dorian Hargrove 9:30 a.m., Feb. 9
Boulevard murder/arson/kidnapping suspect's car found in Idaho
San Diego Sheriff's deputies confirmed at a briefing this morning (August 9) that the blue Nissan Versa sedan belonging to James DiMaggio, suspected of murdering Christina Anderson, setting his house on fire, and abducting her children Ethan and Hannah, has been located near Cascade, Idaho, about 75 miles north of Boise.
Horseback riders reported seeing a man and a teenager matching the description of DiMaggio and Hannah in the area on Wednesday, then notified local authorities yesterday. After a ground search of the area, officers found the sedan, with the license plates removed. A check of the VIN number confirmed that it was registered to DiMaggio, though neither he nor the children were located.
The Sheriff's department has declined to release any further information at this time, including any update on the identification of the second body found in the rubble following the fire set at DiMaggio's house, believed to be that of a child.
More like this:
- Photos, information released on arson/murder/kidnapping suspect and victims — Aug. 6, 2013
- Mexican authorities on alert for James DiMaggio, homicide and kidnapping suspect — Aug. 6, 2013
- Amber alert issued for Boulevard man suspected of murder, arson, kidnapping — Aug. 5, 2013
- Remains of Two Found in Poway — Oct. 31, 2007
- The Sarcastic Killer — Aug. 2, 2007