Robert Bush 9 a.m., March 16
Amber alert issued for Boulevard man suspected of murder, arson, kidnapping
The San Diego Sheriff’s homicide detail announced this evening (August 5) that a suspect has been identified in what’s being investigated as a possible arson and double homicide in the Laguna Mountains community of Boulevard.
Deputies originally responded to reports of a structure fire at 2071 Ross Avenue around 8 p.m. Sunday night. On arrival, they found both the main house and a detached garage ablaze. Inside, two bodies were discovered – one has been identified as 44-year-old Lakeside woman Christina Anderson, the other was identified only as that of a child.
Authorities have determined that Anderson was murdered, and have identified 40-year-old James Lee DiMaggio, the owner of the Ross Avenue residence, as the main suspect.
The whereabouts of DiMaggio are unknown, as is the case for Anderson’s two children – Hannah, 16, and Ethan, 8. It is believed they could have been abducted by DiMaggio, and an Amber Alert for his blue Nissan Versa sedan (California license plate 6WCU986) was issued earlier this afternoon.
More like this:
- Boulevard murder/arson/kidnapping suspect's car found in Idaho — Aug. 9, 2013
- Mexican authorities as far as Sinaloa and Cabo San Lucas asked to look for James DiMaggio and Hannah Anderson — Aug. 8, 2013
- Photos, information released on arson/murder/kidnapping suspect and victims — Aug. 6, 2013
- Mexican authorities on alert for James DiMaggio, homicide and kidnapping suspect — Aug. 6, 2013
- Murder suspected in Lemon Grove — Jan. 3, 2013