Garrett Harris 8 p.m., Sept. 15
Almost two million dollars found in home after explosion
A large amount of cash was found in a home in Tijuana Tuesday evening, November 6th, after an explosion drew authorities to investigate. The explosion occurred in the Residencial Mi Entorno El Lago neighborhood, where an estimated 1.8 million U.S. dollars were found packaged in vehicles and inside the residence.
A man, woman, and five children were injured in the explosion. Officials told local media that a drug laboratory was found in the basement and that both adults were detained after receiving medical care.
The woman, whose identity has not been released, is believed to be the niece of the captured drug boss Raydel “El Muletas (Crutches)” López Uriarte. El Muletas was considered one of the top capos for the Sinaloa Cartel in Baja California until he was captured in early 2010 in La Paz. He was known for using the skull and crutches logo from the popular MTV show Jackass on drug shipments and clothing.
More like this:
- Migrants found in refrigerated truck traveling through Imperial Valley — March 29, 2013
- Two female victims found dead within 48 hours near U.S. border in Tijuana — March 18, 2013
- Northern California rapist sought in Baja — Dec. 17, 2012
- Meth & Cash Found Near Otay Mesa — July 31, 2012
- Top Drug Lord Allegedly Captured — May 25, 2012