Jeff Smith 6:35 p.m., June 27
Almost two million dollars found in home after explosion
A large amount of cash was found in a home in Tijuana Tuesday evening, November 6th, after an explosion drew authorities to investigate. The explosion occurred in the Residencial Mi Entorno El Lago neighborhood, where an estimated 1.8 million U.S. dollars were found packaged in vehicles and inside the residence.
A man, woman, and five children were injured in the explosion. Officials told local media that a drug laboratory was found in the basement and that both adults were detained after receiving medical care.
The woman, whose identity has not been released, is believed to be the niece of the captured drug boss Raydel “El Muletas (Crutches)” López Uriarte. El Muletas was considered one of the top capos for the Sinaloa Cartel in Baja California until he was captured in early 2010 in La Paz. He was known for using the skull and crutches logo from the popular MTV show Jackass on drug shipments and clothing.
More like this:
- Pair accused in doggie-door-burglary are due in court today — May 22, 2013
- Bullfight at Sweetwater — Feb. 13, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Baja California Leaders Visit Samsung in Seoul; $2 Million Discovered in Detonated Home — Nov. 7, 2012
- Border News Translations 26: Clerk Killed; Child Prostitution; Julius Ceasar Arrested — April 19, 2011
- Fun, Fun Game — Nov. 24, 2009