Ian Anderson 7:30 p.m., Dec. 2
February Unemployment Flat at 9.3%
The San Diego County unemployment rate was 9.3% in February, unchanged from a revised 9.3% in January, and down from the year-earlier 10.2%, according to the California Employment Development Department.
The county gained 5,400 nonfarm jobs between January and February, with educational jobs rising 1,400 and health care and social assistance 1,100. However, leisure and hospitality jobs dropped 600 during the month, consistent with the poor performance of tourism in recent months.
Over the year, nonfarm employment rose 9,000, with professional and business services adding 6,200 jobs but government down 2,200.
More like this:
- County unemployment rate jumps in January — March 7, 2014
- SD February unemployment falls to 8% — March 29, 2013
- SD Unemployment Rate 9.2% in July — Aug. 17, 2012
- San Diego Gaining Jobs, but Unemployment Rate Still above 10% — March 25, 2011
- San Diego Unemployment Soars to 9.3%. County Loses 44,600 Jobs over Year — April 17, 2009