Garrett Harris 8 p.m., Aug. 28
Manchester Gives Another $25,000 to Romney Super PAC
A firm run by U-T San Diego owner and La Jolla-based developer and hotel mogul Doug Manchester has given $25,000 to Restore Our Future, the so-called Super PAC that is backing the GOP presidential bid of part-time La Jolla resident and ex-Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney.
According to Restore Our Future's latest monthly report, filed yesterday with the Federal Elections Commission, Manchester Financial Group, L.P., with an address of 5300 Grand Del Mar Court in San Diego, the location of Manchester's Grand del Mar hotel, made the contribution on January 18. Manchester has previously given $25,000 to the PAC, according to earlier reports.
In addition to the voluble U-T publisher, who prefers being known as "Papa Doug," the well-funded Restore Our Future--controversial in some quarters for its take-no-prisoners approach to the presidential primaries--claimed another San Diego area backer.
Tiger Ventures, with an address on Palomar Airport Road in Carlsbad, gave $5,000 on January 24. Further information regarding the firm's identity was not immediately available.
A wire service story run on the U-T website regarding yesterday's Restore Our Future disclosure reported such donors as ex-GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman, but omitted mention of the Manchester Financial contribution.
More like this:
- "Papa Doug Trust" kicks in with $130,000 to Karl Rove's GOP super PAC — Nov. 1, 2012
- UT owner Doug Manchester gives $63,816 to Romney Super PAC bringing total donations to $118,816 — Aug. 30, 2012
- State Senator Mark Wyland Gives $10,000 To Romney Super PAC — June 20, 2012
- Union-Tribune Owner's Family Members Climb Aboard Romney Presidential Bandwagon — June 7, 2012
- City Attorney Jan Goldsmith's Campaign Committee Donates $25,000 to Romney Super PAC — May 1, 2012