Daniel Powell 11 a.m., Feb. 19
State Senator Mark Wyland Gives $10,000 To Romney Super PAC
Add Republican State Senator Mark Wyland ito the growing list of San Diego County residents throwing large sums of cash at Mitt Romney's Super PAC, Restore Our Future.
The state senator from Escondido, representing cities in north San Diego County and Southern Orange County, gave Mitt Romney's Super PAC a donation of $10,000 in April.
Earlier reports found a list of other high-profile donors giving big to Restore Our Future including U-T San Diego owner, Doug Manchester ($75,000), developer Thomas Sudberry ($30,000), and San Diego City Attorney Jan Goldsmith ($25,000).
But, we missed State Senator Wyland's $10,000 donation, and for good reason. On the form, Wyland's address is listed as Sohana Beach, Florida. The form provides the correct zip code but wrong City and State-- and as far as I can tell there isn't even a Sohana Beach in Florida.
Counting Wyland's donation, that makes $155,000 in donations from county residents to Romney's Super PAC. Not a bad amount considering President's Super PAC has collected at total of $3,500 from residents of San Diego County.
A spokesperson from Senator Wyland's office confirmed the donation was from State Senator Wyland and said the Florida residence listed on the form was just a mistake.
More like this:
- San Diego and soft money: County residents donate more than $4 million to Obama and Romney Super PACs — Aug. 31, 2012
- UT owner Doug Manchester gives $63,816 to Romney Super PAC bringing total donations to $118,816 — Aug. 30, 2012
- Union-Tribune Owner's Family Members Climb Aboard Romney Presidential Bandwagon — June 7, 2012
- San Diegans Give Big to Romney Super PAC but Not to Obama's — May 8, 2012
- City Attorney Jan Goldsmith's Campaign Committee Donates $25,000 to Romney Super PAC — May 1, 2012