Scott Marks 7 p.m., Nov. 20
UT owner Doug Manchester gives $63,816 to Romney Super PAC bringing total donations to $118,816
When Doug Manchester, hotel magnate turned media mogul, backs a candidate he doesn't mess around. Manchester, owner of San Diego's sole daily newspaper, the U-T San Diego, has upped the ante on his bet for who will be the next president, giving an additional $63,816 dollars to Mitt Romney's Boston-based Super PAC, Romney Victory Inc.
The latest round of donations are in addition to the $50,000 Manchester gave to Romney's other Super PAC, Restore Our Future.
It seems as if every couple of months Manchester decides to send the Republican nominee's political action committee large sums of cash.
He wrote his first check to Romney Super PAC, Restore Our Future on August 2011. Then in February 2012 he sent another $25,000 to the same committee. On April 26 of this year, Manchester jumped to Romney's other Super PAC, writing a $50,000 check to Romney Victory Inc. A couple of months later he must have found some loose change in his pocket because on June 20 he sent the same PAC a check for $13,816.
Manchester's total donations to Mitt Romney Super PAC's now total $113,816. And once you tack on the additional $5,000 he gave directly to Romney's campaign, it adds up to $118,816 since August 2011.
More like this:
- San Diego and soft money: County residents donate more than $4 million to Obama and Romney Super PACs — Aug. 31, 2012
- State Senator Mark Wyland Gives $10,000 To Romney Super PAC — June 20, 2012
- Lawrence and Suzanne Hess Gave $294,000 in Political Donations — May 16, 2012
- San Diegans Give Big to Romney Super PAC but Not to Obama's — May 8, 2012
- City Attorney Jan Goldsmith's Campaign Committee Donates $25,000 to Romney Super PAC — May 1, 2012