Anonymous 1:30 p.m., Dec. 8
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Concentration is Lost Texting while Driving
Concentration is Lost Texting while Driving (Uniradio Informa, 1/24/13)
TIJUANA, BC - Given that "texteando (texting while driving)” a vehicle has become the third leading cause of car accidents and the majority of cases involve young people. Beginning February 14, on weekends in the city, information and t-shirts will be distributed to raise awareness about the importance of preventing this practice.
The above information was displayed at a press conference by the Director of the Youth of the State, Miguel Torres Cabral, who emphasized the participation of the State Red Cross and the Industrial Association of Mesa de Otay in the execution of the campaign "Si texteo no manejo (I’m Texting, not handling)”, because in this way we hope it achieves a change in this trend with young people, in the same way that has made an impact through the “Party Seguro” campaign.
"Talking on the phone you lose 40% of vision and totally lose sight of 3 meters out of the 9 meters needed to react." The theme is that there is a loss of consciousness. Authorities want to fine people who "texteando" because it is a new issue already taking on elsewhere. You can see those who continue using the phone which are not hands-free. We want to get ahead of ourselves as in United States and Europe to begin this sanction. That is why Rogelio has asked City Hall to consider making it a fine", he said.
For its part, the young Rogelio García Vitela, Algo Más Foundation and creator of this initiative, said “"Texteando" involves four times more risk of having an accident than drunken driving. On February 14, we will begin with giving students "textear" t-shirts and explain the problems of handling and " texteando". http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo170437.html
More like this:
- San Diego’s most polluted areas — Nov. 19, 2014
- Baja & Border News Translations: Xolos visit General Hospital; USA Consulate in Tijuana closed for holiday; Collective marriage in Tijuana — Feb. 15, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: More than 68,000 Cars Towed in Tijuana; Colef and UABC donate books to Public Libraries; Saturation of Gas Stations in Tijuana Harms Business; Relatives Protest Children Killed by Ricketts — Feb. 1, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Tragic Beginnings of 2013 in Tijuana; License Plates will Cost Only 9 Pesos More — Jan. 2, 2013
- Border News: Spousal Assault; Priest's Death; Drunken Youth; Entombment; Pizza Stop — June 6, 2011