Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., March 27
New releases opening this week: Gravity, When Comedy Went to School and more
Oh boy, did I like Gravity. I know, I know - so did everybody else. I don't care. I liked it. When I walked out of the theater, they asked for my reaction. I said, "I'm still thinking. Sometimes it's a fine line between simple and profound." I still think that's true. But I've realized that it doesn't really affect my overall opinion of the film: even if it's simple and not profound, it's really well done.
And hey, Scott liked When Comedy Went to School, a movie about Jewish comedians! There may be a punchline in there somewhere, but it's probably offensive. I'll let Scott add it in the comments.
Would you believe we didn't see Runner Runner? Scott may get to it today. Otherwise, you're stuck with my summary.
Scott did, however, see Ride with Larry, part of the San Diego Film Festival, which is going on right now. And he liked it! A lot! Given the subject matter and Scott's temperament, that's really saying something.
More like this:
- Penning Teller: An interview with the spectacular Miles Teller — Aug. 19, 2013
- Movies opening this week: World War Z, Monsters University, and more — June 21, 2013
- This week's new releases — Jan. 25, 2013
- Opening this week - UPDATED — Oct. 19, 2012
- What Remains — July 25, 2012