Susan Luzzaro 6:30 p.m., July 31
Movies opening this week
Scott didn't care much for Mama - nor, for that matter, did he care much for Jessica Chastain in Mama. Me, I'm just fascinated by the "get nominated, make a horror flick" thing. Because everybody still remembers Jennifer Lawrence in The House at the End of the Street, right?
Moving on: I'm not saying I fell in love with the rabbi's daughter in The Rabbi's Cat. I'm saying the cat fell in love with the rabbi's daughter, is all I'm saying. Sheesh.
Moving on again: I had more fun than Scott at Schwarzenegger's comeback vehicle (emphasis on "vehicle") The Last Stand. I think it's because he liked Jackass so much, and hated to see Johnny Knoxville wasted. That or the boring parts.
And finally, Broken City, which could have been better, could have been worse. But hey, private eyes!
More like this:
- Hold that lion: a pictorial history of the MGM logo — June 27, 2013
- Trailer Park: Bullet to the Head — Jan. 30, 2013
- Landmark Theatres continues to provide that personal touch — Jan. 14, 2013
- Jodie Foster's big Golden Globes speech, illustrated — Jan. 14, 2013
- A closer look at the red-band trailer for the Evil Dead remake — Jan. 4, 2013