Darrin DuFord 3:30 p.m., Dec. 26
Dave Grohl's Sound City one night only at Landmark's Hillcrest Cinemas
Documentary features Paul McCartney, Mick Fleetwood, Trent Reznor, Tom Petty, and more
Rockumentary fans mark your calendars: the one chance to see Sound City, Dave Grohl's documentary on the fabled Van Nuys recording studio, is Thursday, January 31.
Dave Grohl recorded the album Nevermind with the band Nirvana at Sound City Studios. According to Rolling Stone, the inspiration for the film came after Grohl purchased several items from the studio including the mixing console, a rare analog model, when it closed in 2011.
The soundtrack features Cut Me Some Slack, a new song written by Grohl, Paul McCartney, and former bandmates Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear.
Sound City has its one and only screening at Landmark's Hillcrest Cinemas on January 31 at 7pm. Tickets for this special event are $12.50 and can be purchased here.
More like this:
- Gaslamp's 40 Foot Film series pays tribute to Cinerama...sort of — July 29, 2013
- San Diego High School holds annual Film Festival at Landmark's Ken Cinema — May 29, 2013
- McCartney concert screenings in Poway, Temecula, Mission Valley, more — May 14, 2013
- Give the gift of cinema this Christmas — Dec. 10, 2012
- Meet First Position Director Bess Kargman This Weekend at Landmark Hillcrest — May 17, 2012