Scott Marks 2 p.m., Aug. 30
Give the gift of cinema this Christmas
It's a bleak holiday movie season at the commercial multiplexes, but there is always something worth your time playing at a Landmark or Reading Cinema near you.
Just yesterday I visited the Gaslamp and picked up Dragon, a terrific genre bender that combines film noir, a police procedural, and historical epic all in one film. With the exception of Killing Them Softly -- which is dying a slow death at the box office -- you're not likely to find a more satisfying action thriller currently playing, and I've seen Skyfall.
Why not give art a chance this Christmas by gifting your friends and loved ones with tickets to one of our town's illustrious indie cinemas? Both Landmark and Reading offer gift cards redeemable for ticket and concession purchases.
And when you purchase your gift cards, be sure and tell 'em Groucho sent you!
More like this:
- Four Walls and a Bag of Corn for Father's Day — June 7, 2012
- This Mother's Day the Movie is on Mom — April 30, 2012
- Give Your Sweetie the Gift of Cinema & Free Popcorn This Valentine's Day — Feb. 8, 2012
- Support Your Local Film Festival and Art House: Give the Gift of Movies — Dec. 16, 2011
- Unlimited Theater Movies for $50 a Month? Nope. — July 3, 2011