Robert Bush 9 a.m., April 19
Studio Ghibli festival at the Ken - UPDATED
An embarrassment of riches for animation fans, other sort of fans as well.
UPDATE - We should have mentioned: these are 35mm prints!
Tonight, Friday, the festival opens with Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
Best crawly insect monster ever? Best crawly insect monster ever.
Saturday, you get Princess Mononoke:
"Now, watch closely everyone; I'm going to show you how to kill a god." Dayum. I got yer Avatar right here.
Sunday, it's a double feature, Kiki's Delivery Service and Pom Poko.
Magical Care-Bear Raccoons for the win!
There's more to come, but that should take you through the weekend. Showtimes here.
More like this:
- Scenes you probably won't see at tonight's opening of the San Diego Film Festival — Sept. 26, 2012
- Free movies of the week - big themes edition. — Sept. 14, 2012
- Meet the Kids Behind Monsters University! — June 20, 2012
- A Tale of Two Trailers — March 12, 2012
- The Continuing and Ever-Expanding Wonder of YouTube — Jan. 11, 2012