Ian Anderson 6 p.m., March 7
Di died for Hollywood's sins
It's a cynical Sunday morning, isn't it?
Scotland Yard has announced that they have new information regarding the death of Princess Diana. They won't reveal their findings, but what are they going to tell us? It was a hoax: Diana is alive and well and living on an island in the Bahamas with Hitler, Marilyn, JFK, and Walt Disney's frozen head?
We'll soon be entering the 2014 awards derby. Every news report I've seen on the story features a split-screen shot of Naomi Watts and the Princess. Sounds like Hollywood has an upcoming biopic in need of plugging. It's been 16 years; this is as cheap a way as any of getting her name back in the news.
By the way, Diana is directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, the same gentleman who brought us Downfall. Can't wait for a new batch of YouTube memes.
More like this:
- Casting call: Headlock'd: The Bob Filner Story — Aug. 26, 2013
- Porn for film historians — Aug. 14, 2013
- It's beginning to look a lot like Oscar — Aug. 7, 2013
- 'Love Network' leveled as Jerry-less Telethon moves to ABC — July 18, 2013
- Ephemeral Groucho — Feb. 28, 2013