Robert Bush 1 p.m., Aug. 30
Branded: color me cautiously hopeful.
Quick, name ten movies that feature global conspiracies. What's that? You couldn't possibly keep the list to just ten? I hear ya. But you know what the problem is with most global conspiracies? It's hard to see the point of 'em. Who really wants to rule the world, after all? Isn't it easier to just get filthy rich and leave the people to their own stupid, petty devices? Sure it is. Unless controlling the people is how you get rich. Which is pretty much the premise behind Branded.
Granted, the dialogue is iffy, but the concept is a hoot. I think it's got the potential to be a fine B pic. Max Von Sydow! Jeffrey Tambor! A spoof on ads for Resident Evil!
It didn't screen, but I plan to see it this weekend with my anti-corporate brother, who's visiting from the Farm. Meanwhile, who wants to play the Branded logo game? Name the originals, get a Big Screen no-prize! (And if you can get 'em all, doesn't that sort of prove the film's point a little?)
More like this:
- A closer look at the trailers for Oblivion and After Earth — Dec. 12, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for Mama — Sept. 14, 2012
- Opening this week. — Sept. 6, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Jack Reacher — July 6, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for The Bourne Legacy — June 6, 2012