Jeff Smith noon, Nov. 24
A closer look at the trailer for Mama
Hold on, a couple of those frames didn't appear the way they were supposed to...
Okay, okay, not entirely fair. But the guy's name does get tossed around an awful lot for how little he's actually made. (And Duncan thought he showed such promise!) Even this trailer is labeled on YouTube as a "Guillermo Del Toro Horror Movie." So let's see if we can figure out "whatever that means," shall we? Maybe by running a comparison to another recent "presented by Guillermo Del Toro" horror film, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark...
Adorable moppet? Check.
Old dude with beard and hat? Check.
Scary children's drawing? Check.
(How is it that no one has made a movie in which, when the monster shows up, it looks exactly like the child's drawing? Now that would be scary.)
Broken dolly? Check.
Scary radiator grate? Check.
Bent and twisted humanoid figure on all fours as monster? Check.
(I would have put a spoiler alert before that last image, but then, all these shots are taken from the trailers, so it's not like I'm giving anything away...)
And there you have it.
More like this:
- A closer look at the trailer for Pacific Rim — Dec. 13, 2012
- A further look at the trailer for 21 & Over — Nov. 14, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for 21 & Over — Nov. 14, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for The Tall Man — Oct. 26, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Synopsis for Pacific Rim — July 11, 2012