Meghan Roos 11 a.m., May 22
¡Ay, Gevalt! 2nd Annual Jewish Latino Film Series Kicks Off Tomorrow
What do you get when the San Diego Jewish Film Festival joins forces with the San Diego Latino Film Festival to put on a show? No, not carne asada knishes, but the 2nd annual Jewish Latino Film Series!
The four film series, which runs from May to July, commences tomorrow night with a special reception and screening of the Argentine comedy Mi Primera Boda at Cinepolis Del Mar!
I haven't seen it, but the invitation describes Mi Primera Boda as the story of a "Jewish-born but now secular Adrian (Daniel Hendler) and Catholic-born but now quasi-secular Leonora (Natalia Oreiro) who have finally reached their wedding day. Instead of embracing matrimony, Adrian spends the hours leading up to the ceremony trying to avoid disaster. Hilarity ensures in director Ariel Winograd's winning romantic comedy about the politics of the proverbial 'Big Day.'"
Other films in the series include the romantic comedy Salsa Tel Aviv (Wednesday June 6 at the AMC Otay Ranch), the heart-warming Anita (Wednesday June 27 at the Carlsbad Village), and the siblings drama Dos Hermanos (Wednesday July 11, 2012 at the Museum of Photographic Arts). All shows begin at 7 pm.
Tickets for tomorrow's show are $29 for the general public and $25 for members. The opening night reception, which includes light appetizers and one drink, begins at 6pm with the film to follow at 7pm. Tickets for the other 3 shows are $12 for the general public and $10 for members.
Click for more information or to purchase tickets.
More like this:
- Cinema en tu Idioma Kicks Off Tomorrow with Juan of the Dead — Aug. 2, 2012
- SDLFF Wraps "Jewish Latino Film Series" and Puts Out Call for Festival Entries — July 10, 2012
- The Jewish Latino Film Festival Continues with Salsa Tel Aviv — June 1, 2012
- Complete Rundown of The San Diego Latino Film Festival's Opening Night Celebración! — March 8, 2012
- San Diego Latino Film Festival Announces 2012 Lineup — Feb. 20, 2012