Marty Graham 3:30 p.m., Dec. 4
The Media Arts Center San Diego knows that a late summer evening with a cool breeze blowing in is the ideal environment in which to savor an outdoor movie. That's why every Wednesday night in September, MCASD presents it's 6th annual ¡Que Viva! Cine Latino outdoor movie series.
As in years past, the festival will showcase several of the most critically acclaimed Latino productions from the past 12 months. including Habanastation (Sept. 5), Anita (Sept. 12), Precious Knowledge (Sept. 19), and the Academy-Award Nominated A Better Life (Sept. 26).
Where will the outdoor screenings be held?
That's right, Buckwheat. ¡Que Viva! Cine Latino takes place in the Food Pavilion at Otay Ranch Town Center, conveniently located 4 1/2 miles east of the I-805, or just off the South Bay Expressway SR-125 in Chula Vista at Eastlake Parkway and Olympic Parkway.
“Que Viva is a great free community event we have been proud to host every year since the mall opened,” said Tim Colby, general manager of Otay Ranch Town Center. “This series celebrates the wonderful depth of Latino arts and media and is accessible for both Spanish and English speaking guests.”
Extra Added Attraction: Guests will be treated to pre-screening entertainment each week, featuring an assortment of live local Latino musical groups.
Screenings start promptly at 6:30. Click for more information.
More like this:
- Que Viva! Cine Latino Returns to Otay Ranch — Aug. 26, 2013
- SDLFF's weeklong Exitos del Cine Latino starts tomorrow — Aug. 22, 2013
- Latino Film Festival Announces its Winners — March 21, 2012
- San Diego Latino Film Festival Announces 2012 Lineup — Feb. 20, 2012
- Latino Film Festival Presents Que Viva! Cine Latino Free Outdoor Series — Aug. 13, 2011