Anne Bradstreet 9 p.m., April 16
SDLFF Wraps "Jewish Latino Film Series" and Puts Out Call for Festival Entries
Join the San Diego Jewish Film Festival and San Diego Latino Film Festival tomorrow night at 7 p.m. when the second annual "Jewish Latino Film Series" concludes with the Argentinian comedy, Dos Hermanos.
According to festival notes, "Marcos and Susana, both in their sixties, are brothers and sister. Their lifestyles and temperaments are completely different, but they feel obligated to mend their tattered relationship due to the death of their mother. When Susana sells the flat Marcos shared with their mother before her death, he is forced to move to a small Uruguayan bathing resort. Here, the two siblings must rediscover their family bond and start living again."
General admission is $12, $10 for festival members. Click for more information or to purchase tickets.
In anticipation of the 20th Annual San Diego Latino Film Festival, the Media Arts Center is now accepting entries for next year's gala. If you have never participated in SDLFF before, there is no time like the present to make a change.
The 2013 SDLFF takes place March 7-17 at UltraStar Hazard Center at Mission Valley. The deadlines and fees are as follows:
- Early Entry Deadline: September 7, 2012
Entry Fees: Short Film ($15), Feature Film ($25)
Normal Entry Deadline: October 5, 2012
Entry Fees: Short Film ($25), Feature Film ($35)
Late Entry Deadline: November 9, 2012
- Entry Fees: Short Film ($40), Feature Film ($60)
Click for an entry form or more information.
More like this:
- ¡Ay, Gevalt! 2nd Annual Jewish Latino Film Series Kicks Off Tomorrow — May 29, 2012
- Latino Film Festival Announces its Winners — March 21, 2012
- San Diego Latino Film Festival Announces 2012 Lineup — Feb. 20, 2012
- San Diego Latino Film Festival Unveils Finalists for 2012 Poster Competition — Dec. 20, 2011
- Latino Film Festival Looking for Entries — Sept. 23, 2011