Dave Good 4 p.m., July 1
The Jewish Latino Film Festival Continues with Salsa Tel Aviv
Celebrate the best in Jewish Latino Film when the San Diego Jewish Film Festival and San Diego Latino Film Festival join forces for the second in their continuing series of summer films.
Salsa Tel Aviv, a Mexican comedy starring TV sensation Angelica Vale, screens at 7 pm on Wednesday June 6 at the AMC Otay Ranch.
Vale plays Vicki, a Mexican salsa dancer and single mother. Disguised as a nun, Sister Victoria flies to Israel to follow her boyfriend. Laughter ensues when she meets Yoni (Angel Bonani), a young Israeli scientist on his way back home from a research trip. During the long flight, a strange and comical friendship develops in this romantic comedy from Israel.
From what I hear Angelica Vale packs more bite than a plate of kreplach rancheros filled with guacamole gribenes.
Click for more information or to purchase tickets.
More like this:
- Your invite to a birthday bash at the Digital Gym — March 27, 2014
- SDLFF Wraps "Jewish Latino Film Series" and Puts Out Call for Festival Entries — July 10, 2012
- ¡Ay, Gevalt! 2nd Annual Jewish Latino Film Series Kicks Off Tomorrow — May 29, 2012
- Tel Aviv: The White City — May 15, 2012
- Wrap Tefillin and Tortillas at Jews in Mexican Cinema Showcase — April 24, 2012