Dorianne Laux 9 p.m., Aug. 27
The Big Screen earns 4 spots on Reader's Top 12 of 2012
In a jaw-dropping display of good taste on the part of our readers, The Big Screen scored 4, count 'em 4, spots on The Reader's list of the top 12 most popular blog entries of the last year.
With the words "Stooges" and "porn" in its title, I thought for sure that this entry was destined to be The Big Screen's biggest hit-getter of 2012.
Not so. Kudos to my partner Matthew Lickona on landing the #1 spot. His interview with one of the hot chicks from Project X guaranteed him first place bragging rights, while his talk with hot chick #2 came in at #10.
This reporter's exhaustively researched and richly detailed history of the Superman logo was the year's 4th most popular story. A throwaway item with the outrageous, attention-grabbing headline, "Rape Victim Gives Adam Sandler's That's My Boy a Ringing Endorsement!" grabbed 9th place.
My top and bottom 10 of 2012 will post tomorrow. Thanks to all of you who turn to The Big Screen for a daily dose of laughter and cinematic lore. Matthew and I spend hours entertaining each other, but it's no fun doing this without having our readers to bounce off of. Thanks!
As for you, Mr. Lickona, I couldn't ask for a better partner and would have to search far and wide to find a kinder soul. God bless and continued blog anarchy in the coming year.
More like this:
- New releases opening this week: Fast & Furious 6, Deceptive Practice and much more! — May 24, 2013
- The day Pee Wee Herman landed me in the hospital — May 22, 2013
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz V: What is hidden in the snow, comes forth in the thaw — Dec. 27, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game IV: Catch it! — Dec. 27, 2012
- If I Cast the The 3 Stooges — April 9, 2012