Don Bauder 3:30 p.m., May 27
The Movie Studio Logo Quiz IV: The New Batch
It's been some time since one of my emblematic emblem quizzes appeared on The Big Screen. What with the heat climbing to a clammy 82 degrees, I figured that you would prefer to sit schvitzing in front of a fan while looking at pretty pictures rather than eyeballing text.
For the most part, all of these logos are unique to the pictures they launch. I thought about axing the Donald Duck opener -- easily the biggest stumbling block in the whole shebang -- but Technicolor Disney livens up any page, doesn't it?
Here are some clues: Charles Bronson, farting cowboys, the late Marvin Hamlisch's third score as composer, and the David Ooooooooooooooooo. Selznick of Woodland Hills.
Cheaters will be shot at sunrise.
More like this:
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz V: What is hidden in the snow, comes forth in the thaw — Dec. 27, 2012
- Free movies of the week: Logomania — Sept. 21, 2012
- The Movie-Studio Logo Quiz: A New Beginning — Dec. 19, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz III: The Heretic — Nov. 14, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz: The Adventure Continues — Sept. 19, 2011