Ian Anderson 11 a.m., Aug. 27
A Tale of Two Trailers: Bel Ami
Well, now, this is interesting. See if you can spot the difference between the two...
Yes, that's right. The first video includes a reference to poor table manners! Also, you know, a marriage. And the name of the guy who wrote the novel upon which the movie is based. I dunno, maybe "Guy De Maupassant" didn't test well. "What, is he just some guy from Maupassant?" But yeah, including the whole "unhappy marriage for social reasons" does seem kind of important, even if it does distract from all the diddling.
Maybe they were worried that the sight of Robert Pattinson getting married would draw unfortunate comparisons to Twilight? And for the record, yes, we regard it as a fun piece of stunt casting to have Ms. Thurman playing the mastermind role, just 25 years or so after playing the ingenue in the remarkably similar-seeming Dangerous Liaisons:
More like this:
- See the book, read the movie — April 4, 2013
- Sandler v. Apatow on middle age — April 3, 2013
- A closer look at the trailer for Mama — Sept. 14, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Magic Mike — April 25, 2012
- William Powell Must Be Shaking (Cocktails) in His Grave — April 5, 2012