Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., Sept. 22
Mayor Sanders endorses Carl DeMaio for mayor during zoo visit
Wasted, Exhausted Veteran Takes Occasion to Warn His Chosen Successor About Perils of Office
Visit to zoo's "Extreme Jungle" exhibit apparently sparks memory of famed Guns 'n Roses lyric.
"[GnR frontman] Axl Rose may have gotten fat and happy," observed Sanders, "but his prophetic warning remains true for those of us who stay in the political jungle. Just look what the years in office did to me!"
Sanders, before and after.
More like this:
- Last-minute San Diego Halloween costumes — Oct. 31, 2012
- Robert "Stickum" Meachem misses stickum, pass — Oct. 29, 2012
- Strong Mayor addresses Chamber of Commerce, attacks arch-enemy known as Brown — Oct. 8, 2012
- Zoo worker trampled after horrible pun about newborn elephant. — Aug. 29, 2012
- Operation Roll 'n Poll — June 5, 2012