Ken Harrison 5:30 p.m., Sept. 4
Mayor Sanders endorses Carl DeMaio for mayor during zoo visit
Wasted, Exhausted Veteran Takes Occasion to Warn His Chosen Successor About Perils of Office
Visit to zoo's "Extreme Jungle" exhibit apparently sparks memory of famed Guns 'n Roses lyric.
"[GnR frontman] Axl Rose may have gotten fat and happy," observed Sanders, "but his prophetic warning remains true for those of us who stay in the political jungle. Just look what the years in office did to me!"
Sanders, before and after.
More like this:
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 3 - Friday — July 19, 2013
- Last-minute San Diego Halloween costumes — Oct. 31, 2012
- Snapshots of Chicali — Oct. 24, 2012
- Zoo worker trampled after horrible pun about newborn elephant. — Aug. 29, 2012
- Strong Mayor to run pro-gay marriage ad during Republican Convention! — Aug. 27, 2012