Jeff Smith noon, March 8
Strong Mayor declares August 24, 2012 "CityBeat Day."
San Diego CityBeat reports that Gerry Braun, Strong Mayor's manager of special projects, was fortunate enough to attend San Diego CityBeat's 10th Anniversary Party a while back. While he was there, he read a congratulatory declaration of August 24, 2012 as "CityBeat Day," a declaration signed by no less a personage than Strong Mayor himself. Said declaration opened, shockingly enough, with a jab at this very publication before going to praise San Diego CityBeat:
Heady stuff! Alas, the laudatory tone of the proclamation was tempered somewhat by Strong Mayor's relentless honesty:
Still, it's always an honor for an alt-weekly to be honored by the political establishment. Congrats, San Diego CityBeat!
More like this:
- Last-minute San Diego Halloween costumes — Oct. 31, 2012
- Democratic San Diego mayoral candidate Bob Filner trampled after horrible pun about murderous elephant. — Aug. 29, 2012
- Strong Mayor to run pro-gay marriage ad during Republican Convention! — Aug. 27, 2012
- As part of 10-year celebration, SanDiegoCityBeat dings Reader cover stories. — Aug. 24, 2012
- In other news... — Aug. 24, 2012