Ian Anderson 11 a.m., Oct. 27
"We created it because San Diegans deserve a festival where the whole family can spend the day learning about their city — while having fun." This is the purpose behind San Diego's Politifest, which takes place on Saturday, September 29 at 10 a.m. at Ingram Plaza in Liberty Station.
Politifest will hold a mayoral debate and you can submit a question beforehand here. An Idea Tournament encourages "citizens [to] compete to present their solutions to San Diego’s biggest challenges." City 101 Speed Sessions will educate voters on various issues quickly. Stone Brewing Co. will host a beer garden and there will be food trucks as well as "dozens of community booths from innovative local nonprofits." There will also be a Kid Zone "complete with mini-voter booths." The event is free. For a full schedule, click here.
More like this:
- Celebrity Yarmulkes — Oct. 1, 2012
- San Diego cartoon postcards for 2013 - what & where shall we draw? — Sept. 25, 2012
- Volunteer for your party — Sept. 24, 2012
- KinderNights at the zoo — Sept. 22, 2012
- New Children's Museum free Sunday — Sept. 6, 2012