Jeannette DeWyze 10:30 a.m., Jan. 18
Two causes on Sunday
There are two different "5K's for a cause" events on Sunday the 11th.
The 4th Annual 5K Walk-Run for Hope is at Mariner's Point on the west side of Mission Bay. Registration is at 8:30 am.
This event benefits families who are in need and have an infant in neonatal intensive care. The goal of the event is to raise $50,000.
In addition to the run, there will be food vendors, a band, and a kids festival.
The Save a Life San Diego Community Walk is at Balboa Park. The event will be at the corner of 6th and Laurel and registration is at 8:00 am.
This event benefits survivors of suicide loss. The goal is to raise $100,000 and the event in at 90% of that figure.
There is an opening ceremony at 8:30 am with the walk starting at 9:30 am. He organizers have also planned a "dove release" at 10:30 am.
More like this:
- Kid-friendly runs through mud and foam and for yogurt — April 6, 2016
- All American Hero Run — Aug. 29, 2013
- No Run and Shoot — Aug. 22, 2013
- Home of Guiding Hands 5K — Feb. 14, 2013
- 13th Annual Sharon’s Ride.Run.Walk for Epilepsy at DeAnza Cove — April 6, 2012