Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
North Park vintage boutique Hunt & Gather celebrates three years in business (two at the previous University Heights location) with an in-store party and musical selections from Blackass, Mikey Lion, Jon Doss, and Lee Reynolds, who curates the shop with his wife, Zoe Crenshaw.
Since 2009, Hunt & Gather has been showcasing vintage, re-worked, and new clothing, designer pieces, local jewelry, records, and artwork as part of their mission to “provide unique and unusual items that you wouldn't be able to find in the mall, at prices people can afford.”
Join the anniversary party on Saturday, May 19 between 6 and 10 p.m. to browse Lee's eclectic record collection and Zoe's re-worked vintage clothing.
From LIBs website:
"He came in with a bottom heavy tech house mix spanning minimal melodic to tribal tunes, all of which were colorful, a little emotional and quite musical. What got us was the areas of the mix that were hypnotic and inspired inward thinking. The subtle intensity of the mix makes it dance floor friendly without even trying. See Lee perform on the Woogie stage at Lightning in a Bottle!"
You can vote for Hunt & Gather in CityBeat’s makeover contest here.
Hunt & Gather 3-year Anniversary Party
Saturday, May 19 - 6 to 10 p.m.
2871 University Ave. - North Park
More like this:
- Tijuana: Moonshake returns to La Sexta at La Mi-Ja de La Mezcalera — Jan. 27, 2013
- Moonshake Halloween costume party in Tijuana — Oct. 17, 2012
- Hunt & Gather summer party — Aug. 25, 2012
- Sonic Stream - Moonshake, WITT, Pilots, Mystery Cave, Sponge — Dec. 28, 2011
- Five (Really Good) Reasons to Get Out of the House Tonight — Sept. 15, 2011