Ian Pike 4 p.m., March 9
Bon Odori: Gathering of Joy
On Saturday, August 4 from 5 to 9 p.m., the annual Buddhist community celebrates Bon Odori to commemorate deceased friends and loved ones. "Bon Odori is a lively expression of our gratitude to the deceased for their continuing influence in our lives."
The event takes place at Buddhist Temple of San Diego (2929 Market St). Participants can make paper lanterns, experience music and dance, and purchase Japanese snacks like spam musubi and grilled taiyaki, as well as dine on bento boxes. Free parking at the ARC lot at 30th and Market St. Admission is free.
More like this:
- San Diego cartoon postcards for 2013 - what & where shall we draw? — Sept. 25, 2012
- Jaws + Pulp Fiction at the Drive In — Aug. 1, 2012
- The Goonies at Full Moon Drive In — July 29, 2012
- Hillcrest Farmers Market — July 22, 2012
- Most Interesting — July 9, 2012