Walter Mencken 9:23 a.m., Oct. 10
Drinking. Drawing. Space Babes.
Air Condition Composition, a weekly costumed figure drawing class with a twist, moved from Mondays to Sundays a while back at the AC Lounge.
Steady your drawing hand with $5 you-call-its while sketching models in motifs such as zombie, clown, grandma, glamour, burlesque, gay cowboy, '80s, and tomorrow, space invaders.
Hosted by the House of Pink Boombox’s Lilly Holiday (the Burlesk mistress behind spectacles such as the Seedy Soiree, the Monster Mash, Ninja versus Pirate, and Hungarian Carnival revues), the class includes prizes, $5 you-call-its all night, and a chance to sell your art work afterwards.
“Photographers are welcome to come but creepy guys with cameras can stay home,” says Holiday.
Air Condition Composition
$5 - 9 p.m.
Air Conditioned Lounge – BeHe (Between the Heights) - 4673 30th Street
More like this:
- Exotic Erotic Burlesk at Mama Tam's — Feb. 18, 2012
- Green Flash Beer Week Kick Off at the Ruby Room — Nov. 3, 2011
- Seedy Soiree: Monster Mash Klassy BurlesK at Ruby Room Tonight — Oct. 28, 2011
- Air Condition Composition Drink n' Draw — July 18, 2011
- Eat Your Heart and Brains Out Burlesque — June 25, 2011