Julie Stalmer 6:30 p.m., July 23
Green Flash Beer Week Kick Off at the Ruby Room
The Reader’s resident craft beer enthusiast Brandon Hernández has already filled you in on many of tomorrow’s San Diego Beer Week kick off festivities, but I can’t let you lurch into your Friday night without a suds up on the tasty goings-on at the Ruby Room.
Chuck Silva of Green Flash will be featuring super crayzar unreleased beers including a Black IPA and other local favorite barley pops to make mouths happy, while The Heavy Guilt, A Scribe Amidst the Lions, and Short Eyes will be relentlessly pleasing aural sockets throughout the night.
To make matters worse, the disreputable burlesk birds from The House of Pink Boombox will be unveiling some surprises new and old in their trademarked “klassy” with a “k” fashion.
If you saw their show last Friday at the Ruby Room, you know that when it comes to loosely contained pyrotechnics, sturdy boozing, and power tools, these girls definitely mess around.
Seven dolla at the door.
More like this:
- Miss Holiday’s House of Horrors Show — Oct. 26, 2012
- Post-apocalyptic Romance at Ruby Room - Tonight — Feb. 11, 2012
- Drinking. Drawing. Space Babes. — Jan. 14, 2012
- Seedy Soiree: Monster Mash Klassy BurlesK at Ruby Room Tonight — Oct. 28, 2011
- Indie Label Panel at San Diego Music Thing and Three One G Showcase — Sept. 9, 2011