Ian Anderson 3 p.m., April 23
Jingle Bell Run
The Jingle Bell Run begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday, December 15, at Balboa Park (6th and Quince). The event benefits The Arthritis Foundation, Pacific Region (a nonprofit). Participants can also walk (starts at 8:05 a.m.) or register their kids for the 1K Children's Run With The Elves (starts at 9:15 a.m.).
According to the Arthritis Foundation, "409,000 adults and 5,000 children have been diagnosed in San Diego and they battle this disease everyday."
Participants are encouraged to dress for the holidays with bells, santa hats, Christmas sweaters, and reindeer antlers. All entrants will receive medals, and Jingle Bell Run will also host a gingerbread cookie decorating contest, free hot chocolate and refreshments in the family tent, a costume contest for humans and also pets, as well as beer in the beer tent.
Registration in person begins at 6:45 a.m. on the day of the run/walk or online prior to the event. General registration costs $40 for adults and $20 for kids.
More like this:
- Kid-friendly runs through mud and foam and for yogurt — April 6, 2016
- 2015 Holiday Guide — Dec. 2, 2015
- 70+ great ways to celebrate the holidays — Dec. 4, 2013
- AIDS Walk & Run — Sept. 7, 2012
- 13th Annual Sharon’s Ride.Run.Walk for Epilepsy at DeAnza Cove — April 6, 2012