Liz Swain 9:30 a.m., Dec. 13
Little Fish Comic Book Studios, which plans to operate as a hybrid publishing company and school for comic artists, is having a grand opening party and art show at the end of the month. The Ocean Beach studio space will be set up to feature work by Patrick Yurick and Alonso Nunez (who run the studio), Nuvia Crisol Guerra, and Enrique Lugo.
According to the poster, the Not So Fast Food Truck is going to be there to serve up Paleolithic-style eats. I wrote about the truck a little while ago and I think it's definitely a novelty in the scene right now. Of course, there will be an unspecified number of tasty beverages to go along with the food from the truck. Live music is also on the docket for the entire evening.
As an inaugural artistic event, Yurick and Nunez want to set party guests up with some paint to work an a mural for the studio, so bringing "painting clothes" is strongly suggested. Let's hope they bring a few smocks for those of us who can't help but dress sharply.
The party is set to run from 6:30 to 8:30 on August 31st at 4837 Voltaire Street in Ocean Beach. And, hey, it's OB, so you know there is going to be a good after party if enough people come!
More like this:
- Little Fish Comic Book Studio debuts American BOOOM! — March 19, 2013
- Digital vs. Print panel at Little Fish Comic Book Studio — Jan. 29, 2013
- Webcomic discussion panel in Ocean Beach — Jan. 17, 2013
- Free online comic book class — Dec. 11, 2012
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz IV: The New Batch — Aug. 21, 2012