Brandon Hernández 5 p.m., March 30
Dog bite leads to man's arrest in Imperial Beach
Victim was walking his dog when three pit bulls approached
San Diego Sheriff Deputies and Imperial Beach paramedics were called to the 1000 block of Georgia Street in Imperial Beach early Wednesday morning October 16, after receiving a 911 call that a pit bull was attacking a man.
According to Sgt. William Amavisca of the sheriffs department the victim was walking his dog when three pit bulls approached him. He picked up his dog and started running. During this time, his dog bit him on the arm.
When deputies arrived the owner of the pit bulls had collected his dogs, jumped into a car and started to drive off. Deputies stopped the car and found that the pit bull owner had a suspended license from a DUI conviction and a warrant for a probation violation. He was arrested and his car was towed.
The victim was transported to a nearby hospital.
An older gentleman sitting outside his home smoking a pipe said he heard a commotion but wasn't too concerned. "Any dog that bit me," he said, "would be a dead dog."
More like this:
- One in the gut. One in the head. — Jan. 21, 2015
- Encinitas gas station robber Tasered, arrested — March 25, 2013
- Man walks into the Imperial Beach Sheriff Station and says he just killed his wife — Feb. 6, 2013
- How to Pick a Pit Bull — June 1, 2010
- Grrrrrrrrrrrr — July 29, 2004